Sports Premium Funding - September 2018 update
As part of the Olympic 2012 legacy, the Government have committed to give each school funding. Sports Funding received during Academic Year 2017/18 was doubled. In the case of Waltham Leas Primary Academy, this increased from almost £10,000 to £20,000.
Our current, extensive Sports provision means that our children already have access to such elements as
- Weekly PE lessons delivered by professional coaches
- Engagement in a programme of Sports Festivals
- Subsequent events for identified more able pupils
- A range of Out of School sports coaching, events and clubs
- Coaching sessions delivered by local Sports Clubs
- Opportunities to take part in competitive events organised through external providers
- Some of the funding will ensure that we are able to continue to offer this impressive range of activity
We will also be looking to improve and extend the offer to the pupils, initially considering
- Further coaching provision
- Improving the quality and quantity of our Sports resources
- Widen the range of agencies / providers that we engage with
- Entering even more competitions
Please download documents from the links to show Income and Expenditure for each year's Pupil Premium Funding. The links also show the Impact that we feel the funding has made to our sports provision.
During 2018, we will increase our pupils' participation in swimming instruction in order to help them towards their goal of swimming at least 25 metres. We now take part in more swimming competitions for children in Key Stage 2. There is a document attached, which shows how many of our current Year 6 pupils have already reached this standard (data taken during their Year 4 statutory swimming programme - due to be updated as and when more pupils reach that level).
To summarise, we feel that the Sports Funding has made a massive impact on the sporting lives of pupils at Waltham Leas Primary Academy.
- Swimming Competence analysis April 2018 [doc 1MB]
- Sports Premium income and expenditure for financial year September 2017 to August 2018 [doc 30KB]
- Sports Premium income and expenditure for financial year September 2016 to August 2017 [doc 28KB]
- Sports Premium income and expenditure for financial year September 2015 to August 2016 [doc 28KB]
- Sports Premium income and expenditure for financial year September 2014 to August 2015 [doc 28KB]